Wednesday 22 June 2022

The story you need to read, TODAY!

 



I am sitting on my desk and pondering on where we are headed in general as a country....

Please note that this is not another depressing story.  

We get enough of that already...with terrorism killings, kidnappings and increasing obscene stories of crime daily.....of people selling their children or body parts for money, not to mention insecurity, unemployment, electricity access, poor infrastructure and roads quality. 

No I refuse to bring up negativity ...

I refuse to....

But arrghhhh….it is so difficult not to!

This is it…..

Let's not even go too far back guys...Five years ago...yes just a mere 5 years ago, dollar was N380 (to me then, that was border some ridiculous). I thought that was the worst and that somehow things will even out soon enough but no...today it is closer to N610...and climbing....yes climbing!

Do you know that Nigerians, in 2011, were considered the happiest people on earth...2011 ooo a mere 11 years ago....Now ...hmmm...no one is smiling!

Again this is not another sad story oooo.

Like every average person in Nigeria, I just want to wake up to my room with the A/C switched on and with light so I can iron my cloth for work.

I want to eat a simple breakfast (1 egg in Nigeria now is N100 ooo, cornflakes is now N1,500, there is no N5naira Akara.).

I want to drive my car without it entering 10 potholes and  change my car (5 years ago, with N600k to N1m you could get a decent car…now hold your N4m ooo…anything less than that your mechanic will be your best friend).

I want to be able to jaiye with my friends on the weekend (Henessey VSOP is now N100k, it was N40k 5 years ago).

I want to buy an original jersey once  a year to support my football team.

I want to be able to slay (not on Chanel or Dior...I am not trying to be another Toke).

I want to be able to travel out once a year (even though we could do Summer and Christmas some years back). Now even to go to Abuja you have to hold N110k - N150k minimum for flight since the roads are not safe. Ghana that you could do with N300,000 plus hotel is now minimum N1m (just for a weekend).

I want to know that I can send my child to a good school that can deliver quality without selling a part of my body to afford it.

I want to afford basic healthcare treatments that will not set me back a month's salary.

I want to see my younger ones that are supposed to be in school, actually be in school (ASUU has been on strike since last year) and the ones out of school get jobs and stop depending on others.

I want to see the people at work grow through promotions and upward salary reviews (but how will this be easy when companies are faced with crazy costs...Diesel is now N1,000 a litre).

I want to support my friend's businesses once in a while and buy one or two Asoebi to support family and friends.

I want to afford my rent without having to borrow from all these evil credit companies that will broadcast your name to everyone on your phone.

I want to give to the less privileged.

want to save and invest for my future.

But how can I do all this when the salary is not tripling along with the costs and inflation? And the business is not giving the returns it should give since the costs are endless.

It feels like I am helpless...

Like I am falling into a never-ending pit...

Like there's darkness and I can not find the switch....

Like .....................

Nooooooooooooooooo

I will not let negativity encompass me...my faith will pull me through. I promised that this will not be another depressing story. This is the story you need to read today….the story of faith!

My faith is hinged on God's promise that there is definitely a light after darkness, a morning after night, the sun after rain!

I need to take back my life and start with myself and the people around me.

We need to choose leaders that are atleast able to steer us right.

We need to remember that nobody can build our country for us.

We need to know that it is our collective responsibility to build the Nigeria of our dreams, for the interests of all Nigerians, and for everyone and for generations yet unborn.

 

Let us restore Nigeria and give ourselves a chance to have the basic things in life. I will see a better Nigeria in my lifetime...I know it...I believe it!!!

Will you join me?

 

 

 

32 comments:

  1. This is really touching, Reading this you will know we are not living a normal life in this country. I'm happy to read this. This is an eye opener for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Umeh22 June 2022 at 15:02

    When you said you felt like you were falling in a never ending pit I honestly felt that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so deep... really kept to the word of not making it another depressing story ,but actually opening our eyes to the Nigeria we once had and the Nigeria we can recreate by making the right choices in our leadership...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a touching Story for we Nigerians as a Nation, Anything constant in life is Change,We Nigerian can come as a collective group and choose a Right leader that will help out with this Situation on board.Ejimay Tee signed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bilipchin Micah22 June 2022 at 15:18

    We can really make Nigeria great

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are really suffering and smiling in this country, like you said there’s darkness and you cannot find the switch. To find that switch, we all need to put hands together to bring light back to Nigeria by getting our PVC not only getting it but we should come out to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need god intervention in this country because everything is outrageous like electricity bill even to use diesel is money God we commit our great country on thou your hand relief our pain and guid us

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see u starting a struggle, I see you in the political realm, don't stop, start a face book live broadcast, on politics, you are a female, and you have that aggressive push start people will listen to you. It's time your real potential is coming out. My political mum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very touching and inspiring story
    Like you said ,nobody can help us out in this country
    The power to change and make Nigeria great again is in our hands.
    And the earlier we take a bold step towards achieving that, the better for us all .
    For instance we can’t operate our entertainment houses daily without police or EFFC harassing customers. We can’t walk freely on the streets anymore . We live in fear daily because of insecurities in the country. I weep for my dear country Nigeria
    Let make Nigeria great again
    Yes we can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These wicked politicians of this nation that pushed us to this point of suffering and abject poverty deserve three tenure in life, first in the office, second in prison and thirdly in hell fire. I rest my case

    ReplyDelete
  11. We need god intervention in this country because everything is outrageous like electricity bill even to use diesel is money God we commit our great country on thou your hand relief our pain and guid us


    Dj blast

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heart touching and FACT! Thank you for this piece. Nigeria will be great again but we MUST play our path by taking action and making the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward too better days ahead; buh I’m certainly not ok with 5k in my pocket as a Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing but the truth.
    I pray we get it right in 2023. If the wrong person wins, my hope will automatically expire, as I am not ready to waste another 8years hoping for the electorate's mind change

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say you have spoken my mind.
    Feel depressed while thinking of all what we faced in this country. And was left with the wise man word "Over thinking no fit solve problems"
    The solution is not only getting PVC cos it paving more ways to this corrupt politicians reap us more, rather we all need to check ourselves. Are you a good leader in your domain?
    What guarantee that our preferred candidate is the solution?
    To make Nigeria great, depends on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your story brought tears to my eyes . I just can't believe that we have fallen this deep into an unknown destination . May God be Obidient . Baba Ray say so

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let us take our country back from this vampires by being Obidient .yes we can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You said it all.....is time for us to take back..we really need God's intervention in our country

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have said it all, it is time to fight for our nation and make it a better nation. I believe coming together is for us to achieve our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This particularly drew my attention
    "I will see a better Nigeria in my lifetime...I know it...I believe it!!!" Yes this is a mind set that can turn things around, why are we still in this state? We are in it cos alot of people have given up on the country. But if our minds can shift to such a level of understanding I bet you, Nigeria will change sooner than we all think cos no one will be willing to sell their vote.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really touching and in fact the truth... It's time to change all of this by casting our votes for the most qualified candidate or face another and more terrible drought...hope we do it right this time or wait another 8 terrible years

    ReplyDelete
  22. Restoring Nigeria is what every credible Nigerian is craving for but,
    We are fortunate to have leaders who only cared about themselves and stole as much as they could get their hands on. They weren't interested in infrastructure development or even building a nation. All they were after was self gratification.

    And that still continue to happen until now. What I envisage is to be done by citizens is that we all work together to push their own agenda through consistent citizen action.

    Until citizens come together this way, the political class will continue to take us for a ride and things will only continue to get worse.

    I come in peace...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suffering and smiling...until we unite and have a common ground, the suffering will continue. Get your PVC

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aptly describes the state of affairs. Sadly, we have people mentally enslaved by the "structures" that have kept them poor and hopeless. People afraid or unable to dream or imagine a better Nigeria. We will not lose hope. We will do what is right for ourselves and for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have said it all. I hope we can it back in Nigeria by voting the right person that can help salvage Nigeria from this wreck. The right person. The right person is Peter Obi and not the two old customers. Emilokan and Atiku. This is an outright fact and not an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You have said it all. I hope we can get it back in Nigeria by voting the right person that can help salvage Nigeria from this wreck. The right person. The right person is Peter Obi and not the two old customers. Emilokan and Atiku. This is an outright fact and not an understatement.

      Delete
  26. Olugbenga Omojola23 June 2022 at 08:59

    I can so relate. The people have to use their power and choose our leaders sensibly going forward. Brilliant writing too! W

    ReplyDelete
  27. In One Statement, We need an active leader in Our Country and this lies in the hands of Nigerian Youths who have their PVC's in order to avoid the suffering Stories.This shows we definately have to vote wisely and Not voting with our mouth as we normally do years back.
    Indeed I must say this is a splendid writing❣

    ReplyDelete
  28. It’s not funny at all how things are going... I just hope this country become a better one.

    ReplyDelete